Saturday, December 18, 2010

I hope I live through the Holidays

These past couple weeks have been painful for me.  Last week I went to the dentist to have a cavity taken care of.  It was just one small one so it was no biggy.  HA!  As my dentist was giving me the shot I could feel this achey sharpish pain in my jaw, where I think the needle was.  I didn't say anything because I figured he would be taking the needle out soon.  (He kept it in a little longer then I wanted.)  Everything was wonderful and numb hours after I had my cavity taken care of.  Around the kids lunch time my jaw started to ache.  And then around nap time it was killing me.  I could hardly talk...the more I moved my jaw the more it hurt.  I finally got the kids down, took some meds and tried to sleep.  More like I cried myself to sleep.  I couple hour nap actually helped with the pain a lot.  I didn't talk or eat much the rest of the day...my right side of my face was swollen and extremely tender.  So it continued to get less and less painful everyday after that, and about three or four days later, my pain was replaced by a giant bruise on my right cheek.  It looked like I had gotten into a fight.
So on to my next story:  Earlier this week I was walking down the stairs with Addy and as I took a step my heel slipped off of the stair and in trying to keep Addy from getting hurt I landed hard on my tailbone and left funny bone...NOT funny!  My whole left hand went numb for a minute or two.  This fall wasn't my most dramatic fall off of those stairs but it was the most painful.  Addy was fine, just scared...I called Brian and had him come home...luckily it was close to dinner anyway.  By bedtime I needed help getting undressed and dressed...I couldn't bend my elbow, it would tingle painfully and then send numbing tingles to my fingers.  Now my elbow isn't too bad, there is a big bruise and my pinky and ring finger still have a fall asleep tingle to them, and by tail bone is bruised and is not fun to sit on.  This is the fourth time this year that I have fallen down the stairs.  Brian is nervous that people are going to start thinking there is more to my stair falls the just me...he is probably right, with my bruised cheek and fall down the stairs...it does sound suspicious.  But to put everyone's mind at rest...it is all my cluztiness Brian has nothing to do with it.  Maybe I getting old and my body is falling apart...I just need to get one of those elevator chairs. 
So anyway that has been my week and a half.  Sigh!  So I wish you all a Merry and accident free Christmas!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Kelli, I'm so sorry! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you this week.