Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HOPE

Today was the funeral for Scarlett Hope Gamel. On Thursday the 10th my friend lost her little baby girl (3 months old) to SIDS. Honestly it has been a rough week for me...not as rough as it has been for Scarlett's mother though. I want to badly to take the pain away, but I know that I can't and that that is an unwise wish. She was such a sweet and beautiful little girl. I am so thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Without the understanding that comes with it I would be lost. I kow that all she needed was a body...she was able to spend a few short months here with her mommy and daddy. What a great gift that was. She will continue to bless them and guide them from where she is now. She is in the best place that she could possibly be.
"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child does submit to [her] father." (Mosiah 3:19, Book of Mormon)

This child is with her Father in Heaven. We need to emulate those child like qualities that she had in abundance if we want to live with our Heavenly Father.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Oh my, how terrible. You are right. We are so blessed to have the gospel. I will truly pray for her family.

Tee said...

What a beautiful post, Kelli. SIDS is so tragic, but it is comforting to have the gospel. I hope her parents are OK.