Monday, April 20, 2009

S.O.S.

I don't know what to do! I have just returned from another stressful very exausting shopping trip to the grocery store with a two year old and a 5 month old. I need suggestions! How to make going to the store enjoyable for a two year old and at the same time get what you need and get out in a timely manner? Spencer wants to be carried and that is impossible. And he cries and yells too. I am very frazzled by the end. Today I forgot to move the shopping cart from behind our car and I backed into it. No damage done, but I felt kind of silly. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

5 comments:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

My favorite solution to that problem is to schedule my shopping day around Robbie staying home with the kids. Sometimes I go out shopping after bedtime... or early on Saturday mornings... It's just so much easier for me to go sans kids!

Tee said...

Easy solution... make Brian do it.

Tee said...

Also, I hope that you exchanged insurance information with the shopping cart. Take the shopping cart to court, sew him for all he's worth, then hire a maid to do your shopping for you. Problem solved.

Debbie said...

I'd go with Mark and Tiffany, but then you may end up eating hot dogs and cereal for two weeks... ok ok, RD does a great job shopping, I'm just picky. Anyway, some stores will give out cookies to little kids at the bakery dept for a good bribe:) otherwise we all go together or one of us alone. There's all those ideas online about having kids hold hte list, check stuff off, be part of the shopping, etc but that's never worked for me with little ones.

amazon ships groceries:)

Newman Nuthouse said...

I have Dallas "help" me by telling him which thing I need and then he puts it in the cart for me. It takes a little longer but it helps. Now that Kaden is old enough he hands the item to him and Kaden throws it behind him in the basket. Good luck!