Saturday, November 12, 2011

Garden, Snow, and Brothers


I am pretty proud of myself. I put the garden "to bed" all by myself! I decided to try sheet mulching. We didn't have enough cardboard boxes to cover the whole garden area so I covered about half. And then I stole my neighbors leaves out of their trash pile, while the garbage men looked on; confused I am sure. I wanted to get hay to cover the top...but it is like 5+ dollars a bail...and the hay needs to be deep. So as I was driving around with the kids I was passing a church that has a pumpkin sale every year. They had been finished for a few days now and their hay had been raked up and put into bags...just sitting there waiting for....me! I did a quick...not to safe...turn into the parking lot and went into the church to ask someone if I could have to hay. I felt kind of silly, no one seemed to know, and they had to call a bunch of people. In the end they took my number and I left hayless. We went home, then 15 minutes later we got a call saying that I could take the hay. Woo hoo! I quickly loaded the kids into the car...I had to be fast, what if someone else took the hay. There where 5 BIG bags of hay. I don't know how I fit it into the car...I think I scared Addy, she was kind of surronded by hay bags. I shoved and squished them all in and then headed home to put them on the garden! Wow, that was a long story about hay. Can you tell I'm excited?



We have had one big snow storm this year so far. We went outside and had some fun. By we I mean Spencer, me, and Addy. Kaden is not a cold weather guy. He stayed inside. Addy sort of had some fun. She liked it until she figured out she couldn't really move well in the snow with her snowsuit. But she sure was super cute!



At bedtime after the boys are tucked in, Kaden will climb into bed with Spencer and they will look at books or do whatever they do together. Kaden will usually get back into bed before he falls asleep...but not all the time. I love these boys. It is crazy how different they are and yet they still came from the same two people.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: