Thursday, April 7, 2011

Floor Project



So my parents came from Missiouri a few weeks ago. And to thank them for coming and playing with our children we let my dad (and Brian) replace one of our carpeted bathrooms with vinyl. I love, love, love it! Just so that you all will be impressed with my handy skills, I helped remove the carpet and removed and stained the baseboards. (While trying to open the can of stain...I had an incident and now some of our driveway is stained as well.)

So it was a lot more work (and money) then we orginally thought. (Course it always is). Lucky Brian got a ton of new tools out of this project. But the nice thing that I found out is that it is doable. Next we are going to tackle the master bathroom. (That is all carpet as well.) I am so glad that my dad knows how to do these things and can teach us how to do them.
One thing that grosses me out a little is that now that we have wipeable floors I have noticed that not everything makes it into the toilet...ewww! So I can only imagine what was in that carpet! Gross, gross, gross!

No comments: