Friday, February 5, 2010

Preschool??

So Spencer is changing from being stubborn and throwing temper tantrums to being super sweet. He will just randomly want a hug and kiss and say "I love you Mommy." Or he'll sigh, and say, "I so happy." I love it but the mood swings are hard. So I'm trying something...I am doing daily "preschool" with him. We have a schedule and so far I think he is pretty happy doing it. It has only been one week so we'll see what next week brings. Here is our schedule: 9:00- Prayer, Scripture, Reading Readiness
9:30-chores/playtime
10:00-Writing and Math (shapes and numbers)
10:30-chores/playtime
11:00-Health/Science, Social Studies, Music, and PE (the first three are not done every day)
11:30-lunch and tv time
1:00 or 1:30-nap time
and then after naps we sometimes make a treat or do arts and crafts. And then around 4:30 or 5 I put in a movie for them and I start dinner.
Some days have worked better then others but that's what I like about this things is that I don't have to follow everything exactly all the time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alana said...

That is pretty much the same schedule I have for my boys as well. Are you considering homeschooling? I am and I have loved learning about different homeschooling methods and programs. Congratulations on the baby girl pregnancy!