Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Spencer! (A month late...)


 I can't believe my oldest is 5!  We had a small family celebration.  He hasn't had a "real" party yet...I'm kind of nervous to give him one.  I guess I want to keep him small and simple for as long as possible. 

One of my friends enjoys making cakes...so I try to give her as much practice as I can.  She made Addy's cake for her year birthday and hopefully she will make her cake for her 2 year birthday too.  She will be moving this summer so I'm not sure what I will do when she is gone!  Make it myself!!

Spencer didn't get a ton of presents...which was how I wanted it.  He actually got a little more then I was hoping for...grandma and grandpa ;).  I can't blame them though, I will want to spoil my grand kids crazy when I have some.  I tried my hand at sewing a stuffed animal for Spencer.  I want a black cat for his birthday (a real one), so I made him a stuffed one.  It was not too bad, but it kind of looks funny.  I overstuffed the chest a little  and I think the head is too small.  I am still getting the hang of embroidery.  It is a lot harder then it looks.  Overall I am proud of it.  I am going to make Addy one for her birthday; she likes playing with Spencer's.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dan Garvin said...

You're just amazing, Kelli.
-Dad

MaryAnn said...

love the kitty. You are amazing!